Looks like this event has already ended.
Check out upcoming events by this organizer, or organize your very own event.
SEA Chicago and Social Capital World Forum Presents: The Next Generation of Social Enterprise
Thursday, September 13, 2012 from 6:00 PM to 8:00 PM (CDT)
SOLD OUT - JOIN THE LIVESTREAM
Please join Groupon Grassroots, Illinois Task Force on Social Innovation, Entrepreneurship, and Enterprise and Chicago Ideas Week as we partner with Social Capital World Forum "Living Bridges" to present The Next Generation of Social Enterprise. Also, learn more about upcoming events for Chicago Ideas Week.
The event takes place at Groupon corporate headquarters, and will be streamed live around the world to Social Capital World Forum's network of Social Innovators. You don't want to miss!
Moderator: Marc Lane, Chair of Illinois Task Force on Social Innovation, Entrepreneurship, and Enterprise
- Patty Huber, Manager, Groupon Grassroots
- Debra D. Schwartz is Director of Program- related Investments (PRIs) for the MacArthur Foundation and Illinois Task Force Member
- Jessica Malkin, Executive Director, Chicago Ideas Week
About Social Capital World Forum Living Bridges
The Social Capital World Forum (SCWF) was launched in Scotland in 2009, to bring together organisations (civil society, NGOs, social enterprises, academic, statutory sector, etc) working at a regional/national level with social capital as a key resource for enhancing community well-being and resilience.
The term social capital is is growing in importance, but it is still not widely understood outside of academic or political circles. Many organisations delivering social, economic and environmental benefit as an outcome of their work, are creating social capital, yet are unaware of the true value of this intangible asset.
The SCWF believes that greater knowledge of social capital, the terminology and the structures, can help identify the added value of this invisible resource and facilitate progress in our communities socially, environmentally and economically to bring about a more sustainable and prosperous society.
The SCWF will be of interest to participants from third sector organisations, government agencies, academic institutions and the private sector, with an interest in social networking, community engagement, participatory democracy, community and environmental resilience, social entrepreneurship, social innovation and alternatives to GDP. Affiliates will have the opportunity to share their knowledge, understanding and experience of social capital in practice and also engage in discussion with the aim of consolidating and strengthening a global network of social capital
practitioners and explore opportunities to work collaboratively.
- Connect regional / national practitioners, intentionally using social capital to enhance community well-being
- Share knowledge and experiences of ‘social capital in practice’
- Build a collaborative network for effective communication between SCWF participants
- Expand opportunities to promote the value of social capital regionally, nationally and internationally
To achieve this the format of the SCWF will:
- Facilitate discussion and cooperation
- Demonstrate and promote policies and practices that deliver social, environmental and economic sustainability
- Build new partnerships and initiate collaboration on new projects
- Connect SCWF with regional / national social capital initiatives
FREE TO SEA-CHICAGO CHAPTER MEMBERS
$10.00 FOR NON-MEMBERS
When & Where
Social Enterprise Alliance Chicago Chapter
Social Enterprise Alliance (SEA) is a nonprofit association of individuals and organizations building effective, more sustainable nonprofits through earned income strategies. SEA has emerged as the common ground for practitioners, lenders, investors, grant makers, consultants, researchers, and educators who recognize the increasing impact of social enterprise. SEA provides its members with current information, tools, and other resources that address the unique needs of social enterprises